Política de Empresa
Vasco Bordado was born on 16 January 1943 in Horta, Faial, Azores.
He holds an Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from IST (1967), and he participated in the 9th PADE at AESE.
At AESE, he is Senior Consultant and Professor of Corporate Strategy, and is also in charge of the New Business Ventures area for the Executive MBA AESE/IESE.
He began his professional career with LNEC, where he was a specialist in Construction and Housing (1972).
He has held the following positions during his career:
• Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of DAVIGA SA – a Saint Gobain / Pont-a-Mousson Company (1972-1978)
• Director of Planning and Commercial Director of the Portuguese Company of Trefilaria SA (1979-1982)
• Commercial Director of SECIL SA and Member of the Board of Cimentos Madeira SA and Cimentaçor SA (1982-1988)
• Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of TERRAZUL SA – Holding Company of the Ciments Français group and President of more than 20 affiliate companies (1988-1991)
• Director of REFRIGE SA – Manufacturer and distributor of Coca-Cola and Director and Managing Director of CECOTE, holding company for Grupo Geraldes Barba (1991-1994).
• and Member of the Senior Management of the Grupo Banco Comercial Português, President of CISF Risco and CISF Imobiliária, Purchasing Director and Director of CPSS – Médis, in the sectors of Health and Workers Compensation (1994-2003)
His interests include teaching, ethics and interpersonal relations.
His hobbies are reading, music and the Internet.