With PADIS, participants will:
- Train articulation and integration skills in multidisciplinary work groups.
- Exercise the skills of dialogue and peer respect in the face of real complex problems.
- Improve the ability to integrate, organize, motivate and manage people.
- Upgrade knowledge, expertise, and directive skills.
- To broaden knowledge of the various aspects and interactions that constitute the Management of Health Institutions in a perspective of optimization and rationalization of resources.
- Improve the ability to make decisions, analyze their impact on other areas of the Health System.
- Develop a greater ability to understand the internal reality and the social and economic context of the Health System.
- To be sorry that the Program has ended.
PADIS is aimed at Top Managers of Health Care Institutions (Primary, Hospital and Continuous Care; Tutelage and Technical, Deontological and Operational Supervision Bodies) in the public, private and social sectors, namely:
- Members of the Executive Councils and Clinical Councils of the ACES
- USF’s Coordinators
- Members of the Hospitals’ Board of Directors
- Service Directors, Heads of Service or equivalent.
- Human Behavior in the Organization
- Strategic Operations Management and Service Excellence
- Health Information Systems
- Management Control Systems, Economics and Finance
- Commercial Policy and Marketing
- The three-day international program at CUN – Clínica Universidad de Navarra, a reference worldwide, enabling the contact with different institutional cultures, new ways of doing and thinking about organizational details, as well as getting to know the innovative management methods of this health unit thar stands out for the humanization and quality of the services it provides.
- The visit to National Health Institutions, specifically in Lisbon and Porto, according to the location of each of the program editions.
Leading can only be learned… by leading.
By placing participants face to face with real business conflicts, managers are called upon to assume the role of decision-makers in circumstances similar to their day-to-day lives in organizations. The cases pose challenges that require effective responses in the face of rigorous analysis of limited or even insufficient information, in ambiguous or complex political-economic contexts. Individual diagnosis and decisions are negotiated with experienced, talented, and ambitious colleagues.
This is why learning at AESE is inspired on the Harvard Business School model and developed in the image of the IESE Business School.
Today, the Case Method stands out as a sophisticated means of transforming potential talent into powerful decision-making capabilities.Phases of the Case Method:
- Individual study: Reading and studying each case in order to analyze the facts, alternatives, and decisions that can unfold from it.
- Study Group: The richness of this step lies in the fact that each of the participants will present approaches and solutions based on their background and professional experience. The various approaches are also an excellent opportunity to examine the different criteria.
- Plenary session: With a broader view and as a result of the evaluation carried out in the two previous phases, the professor leads and coordinates the debate, summarizes the main aspects of the case, relates them to the most significant theories, and highlights the relevant values and options, taking into account the various criteria alternatives and possible decision.
Through a Game that simulates the operation of a Hospital Emergency Department, frequent problems in the management of health services will be discussed, the main areas for improvement will be highlighted, and concrete strategies will be outlined.
Portuguese Medical Association
PADIS is approved for access to the Competence in Health Services Management of the Portuguese Medical Association.
Next editions and duration
PADIS has 2 editions per year, each consisting of 60 sessions. The Program is compatible with professional work, requiring participants to attend work sessions every week for two half-days.
PADIS Lisbon will be held from April 6 to June 22, 2021, on Tuesday afternoons (1:00 pm to 7:30 pm) and Wednesday mornings (9:00 am to 1:15 pm), at the AESE Building. The visit to the Clinica Universidad de Navarra (CUN) will take place from May 3 to 5, 2021.
PADIS Porto will take place from September 28 to December 14, 2021, on Monday afternoons (from 1 pm to 7:30 pm) and Tuesday mornings (from 9 am to 1:15 pm), at the Porto Palácio Hotel & Spa. The visit to the Clinica Universidad de Navarra (CUN) will take place on November 8, 9 and 10, 2021.
Set | 28*
Out | 6/7** | 11/12 | 18/19 | 25/26
Nov | 2/3 | 8/9/10*** | 15/16 | 22/23 | 29/30
Dez | 6/7 | 14*
* Full day
** Weekdays other than the usual
*** Visit to the University of Navarra Clinic
Portuguese and Spanish.
7.000 € + VAT
Included in the price is: documentation, support material, catering, parking, travel and stay at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra.